The clubhouse has evolved over the decades since it was first built in 1923, with the foundation stone been laid by Prince Arthur of Connaught, the then Governor General of South Africa.Although modernised many times since 1923, the clubhouse retains its old style charm and traditional design.
Wrapped around the practice putting green, which has become something of a focal point, are two wings housing the Golf shop, mens and ladies locker rooms, halfway house and a bar and covered veranda.
Facing the course are the lounge, Centenary room and members bar as well as the gallery corridor with its many framed photographs, paintings and memorabilia celebrating the Club’s long history.
Apart from providing rest and refreshment for golfers, the clubhouse is also frequently called upon for functions ranging from formal dinners to large parties and other events.
VENUE AMOUNT APPROX. PEOPLE LONG ROOM R6 000 100 BACK BAR R2 500 20 - 60 BOARDROOM R500 8 - 10
- Half day charges do not apply
- Member discounts available
- Subject to availability